The point of sharing my story was to reach a crucial point in my own growth. To learn to speak. And for that process, it was important to have an audience.
I am happy if it helped others.
But ultimately, I write for myself. And I want to return to the cocoon I have been living in. I want to be with my boyfriend and my dog and the creek behind my house. I want to breathe in the smell of wet gravel, and sit on my picnic table, facing the water. And that's it. Just breathe. Because I have chosen a contemplative life for a reason.Or perhaps for ten million reasons.
| Sometimes Bandit likes to bring his toys and clothes along for walks. | I indulge him. |
And I can return to that now, knowing that my silence is a choice. Because I am a woman who has spoken. And the joy and healing I feel from that is life-changing.
This is a different, more beautiful silence than the one surrounding me before. You might, dear feminist friends, say I have reclaimed it.
So while I am happy to have been part of a larger, and very important, conversation, I am now going to return to basking in the sound of water on the rocks. Because my truest form of activism has been, and will continue to be, listening. (Alongside my dog).
Namaste
Sandy - this is so very beautiful. We learn so very much going within. It is my choice of lifestyle also.
ReplyDelete