Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Energy Work in a State Street Basement

This week I saw a local energy practicioner - Alli Trevino Murphey for an Energy Medicine for Fatigue class. I found the course through Union Mini Courses and arrived at Villari's Martial Arts Studio Monday evening.

When I got there, I found out I was the only person in the class so I got a very cheap one-on-one session. We talked about possible reasons I become fatigued and Alli did muscle testing (also known as energy testing) to evaluate some key areas my energy might be having issues. She also taught me a series of movements as well as some acupressure points so I could start to manage my energy on my own.

As a bonus, since I was there alone, we did some preliminary testing of which of the 5 Chinese Elements/ Seasons I am made of. I tested for Wood/Fire/Metal  - but she stressed the need to evaluate these more carefully because we cycle through different seasons at different times in our lives, without them being our core elements.

Overall, the session set me off on a track toward understanding my own energy. Unlike acupuncture which I go to and am always the patient, this model was about me going home and taking charge of my energy. The session was about sending me in the right direction, and from there, it was about my ability to heal myself. This really resonated with me, and before leaving, I bought the book from the program Alli is certified through. The book "Energy Medicine" by Donna Eden and David Feinstein was so engaging I began devouring it immediately, even while walking home. In the days since, I have carried it with me everywhere, learning about how to do a daily energy routine, treat basic issues and have begun to incorporate energy work into my daily life.

Overally I strongly recommend it, and given the time or money, I'd even consider getting certified myself. Check it out - either locally or through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment